Youtube Videos!

Yes, “To each his own…” sounds like the pinnacle of intolerance.

Yes, “But to each his own… at least until the regs change.” certainly does sound like the pinnacle of intolerance.

I think it’s good we’re having a discussion about bikes. It’s an important one. I understand that folks can get defensive about their passions, and rightly so. I like bikes too. I grew up in various places in southern and eastern utah and spent about half my life on a bike. In high school I built singletrack illegally in the hills outside of town, so I get it. But my values have changed since then and I’m firmly planted on the side of not just conservation but preservation. Preservation of what wild lands we have left. I’m concerned that if it is ok for mechanized vehicles to go down a canyon like happy then it paves the way for whatever technology comes up with next. I would guess most conservationists/naturalists don’t think twice about boats but they are concerned about bikes, so seeing bikes off the beaten path could end up painting all packrafters in a bad light. So I think if we want to maintain access to rivers then we should continue these discussions.

Oh Amazing ,Funny and i like it.

Gclub

https://youtu.be/vao6DolgRT8 Bikepackrafting in the lower Dirty Devil and hiking Scar Tissue Canyon

Inflatable People -
Inflatable People - An packrafting documentary

At home people pointing fingers at Cais packraft, Henrik forgot everything about fishing after buying one, Jeremie always wanted to paddle big waterfalls and Bens boss sent him and family to Sweden. Meet the inflatable people and step into the emerging international packrafting scene in Sweden.

Inflatable People was awarded with the Debutant Prize at the 2016 Danish Adventure Film Festival / Nordic Adventure Film Festival. Read about the film and the festival here: adventurefilmfest.dk/portfolio/inflatable-people/

9 days, 7 canyons, 2 bodies of water. 75 miles traveled on a horse shoe adventure from Clearwater to Swett. Starting on the border of Canyonlands, we dropped into Clearwater Canyon where after several rappels, we meet up with the Colorado River. The River winded its way as it brought us to Dark Canyon; a steep and deep gorge with a perennial stream and beautiful waterfalls. It forced us to get a little creative with navigation. We reached the Sundance Trail , which is 1000 feet of elevation gain in 55 minutes, then we trekked across the desert to Horse Tanks Canyon which has a spectacular rappel at the end which drops you into White Canyon. White Canyon has the notorious “Black Hole”, and it did not disappoint. It was a little difficult with full packs, but an adventure not to be missed. Lower White Canyon has its own beauty and navigation problems. However, it ends all too soon, being swallowed up by Lake Powell, the next leg of the trip. Normally paddling across the lake is no big deal, right? Well, I lost one paddle blade in the Black Hole and broke the other one in the first five minutes of paddling across the lake to Trachyte Canyon, which leads us to Swett Canyon, and the way back to the shuttle car. https://youtu.be/J6TbY0pJ-IA

A few weeks ago I attended the annual Grand Canyon self-support with 8 other likeminded folks.

It’ll be weeks until I have a chance to sit down and process photos, and probably longer until I’ve fully processed the whole trip.

But I wanted to share a teeny, tiny slice of awesome before winter bleeds into spring and my schedule goes apeshit.

First clip is from Tiger Wash. We all know that the seam monsters can wreak havoc – and that they often do. This was the only time on this trip that I got absorbed/swallowed by one. I had to wait a few seconds until it released me to the surface to roll up. Getting knocked over by exploding waves is expected. Getting swallowed by a seam was unnerving.

Next clip is Hance. This was kind of our wake up call that the big stuff was beginning. I had wide eyes during this one, and the rest of the group had wide eyes after it!

Next is following Thor into Lower Tuna. What leaps out about this clip is that Thor is no longer Timid Thor that I met a few years ago on the Selway and Lochsa. A week at the NZ kayaking school and a year of Colorado creeking have morphed him into a Meat Seeking Missile. I didn’t often have interest in following his lines on the Grand. This was one where I was glad I did.

Next clip is Lava. All I can say is that not scouting adds a certain flavor to the in-run, and I highly recommend it. The run is over so fast (in the POV) that it’s hard to imagine what all of the nerves leading up to it accomplish.

And, finally, we have self-immolation practice at 209. When the trip is rapidly coming to a close and you only have one more chance to plug a hole, you take advantage, right?

Just thought I’d share some stoke on a Friday evening. The season approacheth!

It’s spring in Durango! This was my first whitewater in a packraft. Pleasantly surprised with how well they perform, and looking forward to seeing some of you on the rio as the flows pick up.
https://vimeo.com/209687533

Shot this last summer:

Fun! Wish I was there right now…

This latest looks good: less hucking carnage, more packrafting style.

maxbet mobile

So just got my alpacka gnarwhal and love it!!! Here is a video of its maiden voyage. It’s got some camping and fishing in there too. Gorgeous eastern sierras outside of Bridgeport. No clue what class the rapids were but they a blast. [youtube]https://youtu.be/XqrddFt0OvE[/youtube]

Hello All,

Solo jungle trip in Manu, Peru hammock camping, birding, Tapir and Jaguar tracks, dumped into an evil eddy whirlpool. Going back soon!

New videos to come…

[youtube]https://youtu.be/WmTUaJCSHGc[/youtube]

Jeremy
incanexpeditions.com

A few words and some POV from a fun day out, here:

Big Wheel Building: Urban paddling.

Marsh Creek, Middle Fork, Main.

We put on at 6.8’ and falling.

Trip report with pics, words, and video here:

Big Wheel Building: MMM.

A trip report on Dark Canyon, complete with stills and video, from last week:

Check it when you get a minute or three.

Not for everyone, and lots of logistics to figure out, but worth it for some.