What packraft would be good for fishing and a service dog?

what kraft is best for fly fishing and a service dog?

1 Like

Kokopelli Recon Self Bailing They’re built like tanks, super stable, highly puncture resistant.

1 Like

MRS tandem Viking (self-bailer) is one of the few packrafts that is sized and versatile enough for both fly-fishing and a dog. The Alpacka Forager and Ranger are also good choices. If you can get your hands on a used (as they are no longer manufactured) NRS Maverick or Aire BakRaft (not technically considered packrafts), they would work great. All standard sized packrafts, like the Recon, have too small of cockpits to accommodate a dog while fly-fishing.

1 Like

Kokopelli Recon. I have a Scotty mount float tube rod holder I use and thread it through the drain holes. This way I can use it when I want to fish or remove it for harder whitewater. Kokopelli Nirvana SB is great too if you want to hike or the Twain if you want a lot of room for your pup or if they are bigger than like 50 lbs. The XPD is a good choice too but its a little smaller than the Recon and Nirvana so I’d size up unless your dog is like 20-30 lbs.

Doubtful you will want a self-bailer for fishing and in MHO you need even more room for fishing with a service dog than you do for river paddling. Therefore, I would suggest a tandem model: MRS Adventure X2, MRS Barracuda R2, Alpacka Explorer 42 or Alpacka Oryx. I favor the MRS boats over the Alpacka because they are a better value and having a removable skeg on flat-water is sure nice, as it dramatically reduces spins while casting.