Trip Partners/ Planning?

Hi folks,
I just ordered a new Yak, and can’t wait to get out in it.
Are there any other packrafters in the Ozarks? I live in south central Missouri, a stone’s throw from the North Fork of the White River, and about an hour or so drive from both Buffalo National River in AR, and the Ozarks Scenic Riverway in MO.
I also travel a lot, and love road trips. I hope to get up to CO and AK in the near future.
Right now I plan on doing Class I and II rivers here in the Ozarks, pretty easy rafting with some trout fishing, hiking and photography on the side. As I gain more proficiency with my new equipment, I’ll think of trying longer trips and bigger waters. I’ll try to put photos of my first adventures with the Yak up on Flickr or something for all to see.
I’ll post more details and dates when I get my raft.
Hope to here from some of you.
Highguy

DUDE! I don’t live there but I visit my folks in SW Missouri (Springfield area) a few times a year. I will for sure look you up before I go out there… I have never done any paddling there but I want to change that!

Glenn,
I am about a 2 hour drive on the twisty turny backroads through the hills from Springfield. Anytime you are in the area, let me know, I’ll show you our local water. Right now the rivers, creeks and lakes are very high, and getting higher all the time with all the rain we have had. Hopefully they will stay high for the summer, and we won’t have a draught like we did last year.
Highguy :mrgreen:

I’m in Dallas and would like to packraft the upper Buffalo River sometime if anybody is interested.

jshannon,
I am looking at a trip or two on the Buffalo for this spring and summer, since I live so close. I’ll keep you posted through the forum on conditions and plans.
I grew up in the DFW area. Have you rafted the Trinity or other rivers around there?
Highguy

Glenn and Sara and Shari -

I’m excited to get out in the 4 Corners this spring/summer and I’ll definitely keep you posted on where/when. I’m planning to do several trips on the San Miguel and Dolores and hopefully a few other spots around my research. Some of that time might not be too fun for someone else, but I’m sure we could coordinate some trips. Having spent several days digging pits up at Lizard Head in March, I can definitely say there’s a lot of water in the hills right now…

btw - Sara, I hadn’t seen this thread when I PM’d. Let me know if you’re going to be up this way and I’ll introduce you to a couple of fun, laid back, river-guide ladies up here in the Fort, one of whom will be moving closer your way soon. I know they’d be psyched to meet more female paddlers.

Enjoy the last of skiing!

Dan

Highguy, I’ve only been on a few lakes around here. The water has been at flood stage on the Buffalo recently for sure. Do keep me posted on any plans!

John

Hello. Let’s kick up some paddling in Missouri. I’ll be in Missouri from August (2010)-February (2011) stationed at Fort Leonard Wood going to Engineer OBC there. I’ve done a fair bit of packrafting in Alaska and New Zealand and will take my packraft with me to Missouri. The rivers there will be different, but I am keen to get some action in. What are some of the local favorites?

Anyone keen for trips in Missouri (or the surrounding area) around this time?

Erik