South Fork Flathead Float/Flyfish in July

I’m interested in packrafting and fishing my way down to Meadow Creek from the confluence of Danaher and Youngs Creeks. Early July seems to present the best flows. I have fished about a 20 mi stretch above Meadow Crk once before. We horsepacked in and fished our way back down and hiked out. Great trip! Logistics can be the challenge and would depend on the participants. I’m flexible and have full two weeks to take.

Randall

Randall I am very interested. I am contemplating doing Moe’s Bob/white loop 2nd week of July. I found an outfit willing to let me tag along on a pack trip they already had scheduled. They will pack me in on horse back, leaving benchmark TH up over stadler pass and dropping me at camp creek. Cost is $250 pp.

Danaher creek is where we would inflate the packrafts and float Danaher creek down to the confluence with Young’s creek where it then becomes the South Fork of the Flathead River. Packraft down the S.F. to the confluence with the White River ~22 miles, take out and hike about 15 miles up White River pass to the West Fork of the Sun River, beginning alt 4450ft topping out White River Pass at 7600ft, dropping down to 5500ft near the put in on the W.F. Sun River. Float W.F. Sun River around 9 miles where we take out and hike 5.5 miles back to vehicle left at Benchmark.

Still open! Hike in to Youngs Crk from Lodgepole the weekend of 8JUL then float/fish, explore lakes for the next 10 days or so. Take out at Meadow Crk, shuttle already arranged.

Randall