ShoalhavenTR

I spent a day checking out the Shoalhaven River on Saturday even though the water level was lower than the recommended minimum height.
Awesome day out! I did the usual bike loop as the regular nutters were still skiing drifts.

A short video and Pics on the BLOG

Nice looking water there Darren. Must admit I’m guilty of the same rapid a couple of times before moving on, it’s so easy to portage with the packraft :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:
Think I ran that one three times in the end. I’m really looking forward to running it with more water. Good day out. Probably a long day trip from down your way though…

Some good looking country there Darren, has been on my ever growing list for a while too, great pics and vid as always.

Steve

Darren,
Great report and stunning pics as usual.

Its also been on my hit list too, I even have a mate with a property 5 minutes up the road from Oallen ford but I haven’t got to do as many trips as I’d like its been hard to co-ordinate mates that are free on the same weekends I am. It would be good to get a bit of a network of sydney packrafters together.

I did get into the Colo in April and had a wicked trip. I’m looking at doing a wkend rafting trip with or without whitewater with a mate, Duncan on the wkend of the 18th and 19th of November, any interest? Looking at places within 2-3 hours of Sydney and it will sway towards fishing or rafting depending on the rainfall.

Cheers,

Gus

Hi Gus, glad to hear you had a good run on the Colo.

I was thinking of calling you when I got back from the Shoalhaven (still got your number) because it’s a great run if you like whitewater. I’ve got a couple of things on over the next two weeks but as soon as the Hillview gauge comes up I’ll definitely give you a call. Glad to accompany anyone else interested for a day.

How’s the camera going?

Great video! Thanks for putting it up

Camera’s going well, experimenting a but not sure my pics are up to your standard yet.

I also got a helmet camera for my b’day but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

I’ve been frustrated by slow internet but I’m still planning to get some pics and a belated colo report up.

Cheers,

Gus

Hi Darren

I’m looking to packraft at the Shoalhaven in January and working out the route at the moment. Which section is featured in your TR ?

Cheers

Dale.

Hi Dale,
The link is clickable on the blog but here it is anyway - CLICK ME
Things to remember…watch the gauge, early start, comfortable with your nav ability and a scramble at your exit point. Have fun. :slight_smile:

Cheers for that Darren. I missed the link on your blog - it is most helpful !