Selway River Idaho Sometime between 8/24-9/5/12

Anyone interested in packrafting the Selway River from White Cap Creek to Race Creek once the flows drop to friendly packraftable levels? I plan on hiking up from Race Creek to White Cap Creek(47.7miles) and then floating down. Plan on taking approx. 7 days. Flexible on dates and timing. I have a solid amount of whitewater experience in all types of crafts from Class 1-5. You need to be a confident Class 4 boater to do this trip. Reply to this message if interested.

Thanks
Mark

I would be very interested in this …timing is perfect … but I am not quite there skill wise. I have been getting confident on class III on several rivers around Seattle, and have done a couple class IV rapids (to varying degrees of success) on the Dosiwallips in NW Washington. I am definitely trying to get mys skills up there, but I am not quite there yet! But I would be really into doing this at some point.

I live in Portland. Well at least when I’m not in Alaska working. I usually kayak around Portland but would be up for some packrafting trips nearby. It looks like Olympic National Park has a lot of potential but I don’t know much about the area. I’m relatively new to the Pacific Northwest. Lets try and go paddle sometime. I’ll be in Portland 8/20-9/9.

Mark
markphodges@yahoo.com

Hi Mark My name is Isaac. I would be interested in this Selway trip. I have been thinking about that trip so Im glad you mentioned it. That date range is good for me. I think a September 5 Middle Fork Salmon packraft/trail hike from Marsh Creek to Main Salmon would also be excellent. I have been raft guiding in Idaho for a while, have lots of river experience class I-IV+. I have done lots of backpacking. Never done a Selway trip, but would like to hike in and packraft out. I am in Olympia, Wa. Post on here or email me at harmsoni@gmail.com.