Paddle - aquabound carbon-pole splat paddle 210cm. $100

Soon this will be listed on ebay May 10 2015
Title :
Aqua-Bound Splat paddle carbon-pole 4 pieces 210cm (packrafting paddle)
Description :

This paddle is in good shape and will work well for you. All the pieces fit snugly without play, yet are not difficult to take apart or fit together.

Note that I had an issue with it that I was able to resolve:

The sleeve that holds the middle together came unglued and (before that) the middle of the tubes deformed to partly oval from circular, which is more comfortable for my hands, and does not appear to have weakened the paddle. I used it quite a bit after noticing the ovalness, and preferred it that way.

I superglued the sleeve back in–but lined it up wrong, so I had to make a new hole for one of the paddle blade spring locks.

Also, I got rid of the drip rings on the paddle. The drips don’t seem to run down the paddle even without them, as I discovered after losing one, so I got rid of the other.

It’s been sitting in a garage in TN, ready to ship since 2010, but in my visits back here since then, I forgot to try to sell it.

An earlier listing of it with more of the backstory is at
packrafting.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1232[

7/6/2011 –
My mom can ship the paddle within a week (probably less!) if you paypal $100 + shipping + $10 handling from Rockford / Maryville TN 37853. (she will be going on vacation to Alaska for three weeks in August however)

I’m sorry this isn’t better organized-- please be sure to read below about the paddle—

Go to USPS and figure out the shipping cost for the method you want based on the weight of the paddle (36oz??) + a bit, so 44oz. The box will have to be big enough to hold the blades and the longest tube-- 22" x 5" x 8" should give a reasonable estimate.

I see postage costing $14 to zip 99501 with arrival in 3 business days (Priority Mail).

The days I can can check email will be:
7/7,
7/18-21
8/8-11
8/29

If you don’t get to me in that time I bet you could paypal the $$ to my mom directly–

patria dot leath at gmail dot com

Let me know!
Colin
j9k.org
]

[6/24/2011 the paddle is still available–
I’m not where it is, but I can ask my parents to ship it-- so shipping it out could take a week.
And I haven’t been checking email very often these days---- there could be as much as a two-week delay there.
Let me know if you’re still interested!
Colin
j9k.org
and emailing me directly makes life a bit easier-- colinleath at gmail --]

[12/17/2010 this sold except for the paddle-- the paddle is still available-- at least until 12/27, the last day I could ship it to you – title was: 2010 Llama with spray deck & other gear for sale $850/obo]

$850 + the shipping to where you are would make me happy, but please make an offer. [as of 12/09/2010 it’s still unsold]

This includes:

• Raft
  • Deck
  • Packtach system
  • Paddle - aquabound carbon-pole splat paddle.
  • Lifejacket (Modified closed-cell foam vest)
  • Patch kit + some of the urethane-coated nylon fabric + tyvek tape (Sheri gave me a patching demo, which I can describe to you)
  • inflation bag. I removed the bamboo poles from the inflation bag. I can inflate the raft in 15min without rushing even so. I have also broken small branches of tamarisk and temporarily inserted them into the sleeves where the bamboo used to be too.
  • Bow line
  • I don’t think I’m leaving anything out. . .
  • Two stuff sacks, which I’ve added cordlocks to and reinforced some of the stitching.
  • Seat, which is all black unlike the yellow one in the photo of the alpacka site.

This was used over about two months for a trip down the Animas river to the San Juan to Lake Powell and then briefly on the Virgin river. It is the perfect size for me. I’m 6’3".

This will ship from Knoxville, Maryville, or Rockford, (Tennessee).

Here are some photos:
http://picasaweb.google.com/colinleath/PackraftingOnTheSanJuanRiver (the pack is not strapped on and the deck is stowed).

The raft is in great condition. There are probably some scuffs on the bottom. Those and some dirt on it are probably the only signs of wear. There is grit in the crevices, which is probably true of any used packraft.

I got this raft from the factory in Mancos. Sheri installed the deck and Fred I think drilled a hole in the valve cap and tied the cap to the boat with some thin day-glo line.

I do have a bit of trouble completely sealing the deck (velcroing shut the gap) when my pack is loaded on it. This would leave a thin line of a gap which a little water could get in above my left hip. I haven’t really tried closing it without the pack on the bow.

Why I’m selling it:
I try not to keep gear I have no immediate plans to use. I may eventually get a super-light packraft–the scout or the flyweight designs raft–for crossings and flatwater floats, which I’ll be happier to carry around on my very loosely planned trips which are usually based around getting from one place to another as opposed to running a particular river.

Details on the paddle:

My carbon paddle did not perform well- the sleeve that holds the middle together came unglued and (before that) the middle of the tubes deformed to partly oval from circular, which is comfortable for my hands, but probably not supposed to happen.

I superglued the sleeve back in–but lined it up wrong, so I had to make a new hole for one of the paddle blade spring locks–. So it works now, but (due to my sloppiness in aligning the new hole) it is a bit off.

Making a new hole in the sleeve would probably be the best way to have it all line up right. [update 11/13/2010: I drilled this hole and now the paddle is aligned fine.]

Also, I got rid of the drip rings on the paddle that you see in the photo. The drips don’t seem to run down the paddle even without out them, as I discovered after losing one, so I got rid of the other.

Contacting me by email at colinleath at gmail is probably the best way-- unless PMs from this site get sent on to email.

Thank you!

Hi Colin
I am interested in your Llama,deck and seat but not as excited about the PFD and paddle.
Would you consider splitting the package as the postage to Australia may be too expensive with the whole lot.
Cheers
Tim

Tim,
I’ll split the package if you like! From a quick check it looks like I may be able to send 10lbs to Australia from San Diego for under $75 via usps priority mail international. Please let me know how you’d like to handle this transaction-- (and advice from others welcome). All big ticket stuff I’ve sold or bought before has been through ebay. If you paypal me the money though–once we get the shipping figured out-- I’ll ship the raft plus whatever other pieces you’d like within three days.
Colin

PM Sent.

Is the paddle still available?