Improved grab loop...

As I was upside down getting banged around in a rapid on the upper Rio Grande, it dawned on me that I couldn’t find the grab loop on my spray skirt. I thought about it for awhile and came up with a very cheap, easy way to fix the situation. Items needed: 1 tennis ball. Strongest thread you can get, strong 1 inch elastic, a couple feet of it. Also a strong needle with an eye on top. “Sewing needle”- not sure of the proper term. Place tennis ball in grab loop, wrap elastic tightly around where loop meets the fabric, secure with thread. Then sew elastic tightly around ball, perpendicular to stock loop. Secure at both loop/elastic intersections. Takes about 30 minutes and you may bend a needle or two. I will load a couple of pics. I am VERY happy with the results. :stuck_out_tongue:
Close in grab ball.JPG

A wiffle golf-ball works pretty well and is lighter and doesn’t require any sewing.

DOH! :blush:

After further review, I think the wiffle ball is a bit better! However, if you take Fido along, well, I think you see where I’m going with this one… :smiley: