Escalante river and Dirty Devil packrafting

Hi all,
I have been wanting to do the Escalante and Dirty Devil for the past several years now, not to avail!! I have all the intel, topo map, and logistics figured out to do it.
I don’t know if it’s going to run in 2023, but you have to be ready to go as soon as the gauge starts to move, or even better, someone who lives there who can visually check the flows on the Hwy 12 bridge (for Escalante). For the DD, the gauge in Hanksville is a good marker. The DD also has great canyons to explore!
I am looking for PR partners who live in the SW and have the flexibility to go when it’s time. It could be any time from February to May.
I live in Durango, CO and have plenty of flexibility.
Please drop me a note if you are interested.
Cheers
Flo

1 Like

Been wanting to float the Escalante for years also. We have a PR group based with the horsepital here in St. George. High desire, low flexibility because we are all physicians and nurses. How many days are you liking? Some of us should be able to break free from work. Would be great for playing hide and seek (shuttle). We will :pray: for :snowflake: and stay in touch.

1 Like

Hello and thx for your reply.
I think 5 days on the river is good to have time to do the side hikes + it is 40 miles of river running and 3 miles hiking on each end with all the gear.
Yes, let’s see what the snowpack does and stay in touch. Hopefully you’ll get enough lead time to arrange time off from work.
Flo

1 Like