Arthur River, Tasmania

Another short video, this time the Arthur River in Tasmania. This trip is basically grade 1-2; suitable for beginners, with caution. Please message me if you would like more information on logistics for this one.

Cheers, John

Thanks for posting John. Great to see footage of the Arthur, I’ve been talking to some mates about this river for awhile as an introductory Tassy trip after checking the Paddle Tasmania online guide. looks like you had plenty of water ?, I was thinking early summer … thanks again and for your other vids as well

Cheers
Mick

G’day Mick,

Having seen snippets of your great NZ trip recently, I don’t think the Arthur would satisfy you personally, unless it was purely in a mentoring role as you describe. I also would caution against it if the river was at a low summer level. You want it medium to high to be good fun. At medium to high it is really a perfect challenge as an introductory river.
If water levels are at low summer levels when you come down to Tassie, maybe bite off something a little more challenging. The Paddle Tasmania guide is an excellent resource. Early summer levels are very hard to predict; it could be parched, flooded or somewhere in between.

Either way, please let me know when you are passing through town; I’m always keen to catch up with other packrafters for a chat over a beer or coffee.

Cheers, John

Hi John
Any semblance of skill on my part is purely the product of Haydn’s editing !. Will certainly be in touch when I head down your way which I’m hoping to do sometime later in the year … til then but looking forward to seeing more of your great trips
Cheers Mick

Nice work as usual John, looks a sweet drift/paddle trip, the forest looks awsome. Was hoping for another sound track :slight_smile:

Steve

Thanks guys. No soundtrack sorry; my son won’t give his music away for free any more!

I’m just back from 3 days rafting on the Huon River from Tahune down to Ranelagh; cold weather but good water levels, nice easy rafting.

Cheers, John