Alpaca Gnarwhal SB or Kokopelli Nirvana XL SB?

I have been looking at both of these boats and wondering if anybody has had experience with both/either of these boats. The alpaca is longer and heavier but in terms of performance, which is more fun to paddle. Opinions welcome!

According to their websites, the Nirvana XL is 10.5 pounds while a large Gnarwhal SB is 8.0 lbs.

I would get a medium which is 7 lb 6 oz. so its a 3 lb difference. My question is performance and overall quality

I would get a medium which is 7 lb 6 oz. so its a 3 lb difference. My question is performance and overall quality

Last I checked SB Alpackas don’t have a full length inflatable floor. You sit lower but your feet are in the water. Luc Mehl told me felt that was a deal breaker in Alaska. The Kokopelli has a thick full length inflatable floor. You will get splashed but your feet are not constantly in the water. With a drysuit it should be fine.

I bought the SB Gnarwahl and just got back from a 10 day trip in southern Utah. The boat is brilliant and such and upgrade from any other packraft I have paddled. It paddles more like a hard boat than any other pack raft I have paddled in that, the effort you put into paddling seems to be much more effective. The boat turns on a dime and respondsto leaning on an edge and carves into eddies etc. Its less of a bus and much more of a boat. Coming from hard boating for 30 years I felt more at home and inspired to put some effort in and get results. That being said it is a COLD boat and I would not do a trip like I just did again without a dry suit. Your feet are out of the water but the water sloshes around your butt and up your back and does chill your organs so be warned.