alpaca dimensions... confused

hey folks,

i currently have an unrigged explorer and am thinking about getting two smaller boats (more fun, flexible for two people). in reviewing the alpacka site specs pages, i see the alpaca listed as 70.5", the yukon yak as 87", and the llama as 93" in length. the scout is listed as 64" in length. here’s the deal, when i look at the pics of all the boats in a line, it just doesn’t seem that the alpaca is that much (16.5") shorter than the yak. the alpaca also appears significantly longer than the scout. i asked nancy at alpacka if the specs were out of date (e.g. pre-big-butt), but she indicates that the specs are correct. am i missing something? anyone have a 2011+ alpaca? is it only 70.5" long? (sorry, nancy, i’m not trying to second guess… just seems weird.) i’m asking because i want to pick the right boats to replace our UE.

thanks!
g

Gladie, the inner lenth is correct, the outside length is from the older model :slight_smile: An Alpaca has 2,20 m now :slight_smile:
None of the Boats have changed in there internal lenth, but they got narrower at the bow, so some people perceive it smaler.
Sven

www.packrafting.de

Thanks, Esben! I’m right at 5’8" so I’m on the line between an Alpaca and a Yak. This is helpful as we make our decision.
g

I 'd go for the Alpaca! Unless you wanna have it really relaxed.
Will be better control. My Girlfriend is 169 cm and happy with it.

Sven

www.packrafting.de