2022 Alpacka Scout

Do you own the above packraft? If so, can you provide a brief review?

I bought a bare bones Scout earlier this year, after using an Advanced Elements Packlite for a couple of years. A couple of months later, I added some d-rings and bought the optional seat. It has become my go-to boat because of the ease of transport and set up. I hardly ever use my larger AE or Packlight, and sold my other two yaks after getting the Scout.
The Scout is surprisingly sturdy for the weight and so far has had zero punctures, while the Packlight developed leaks pretty quickly. Both were used in similar conditions (all punctures were patchable, but still…).
My biggest challenge is that, without a skeg, the Scout has a tendency to dance side-to side when paddling, and spin when not paddling. This is on flat water (looking to add a removable skeg and see if it makes a difference.)
I’m mostly a flat water paddler; calmer rivers, bays and lakes for day tripping. I like to travel internationally with my pack raft kit in my luggage (Scout, lightweight paddle, Ugo bag, patch kit and pfd).
So the Scout was the right choice for me because of the weight. If I had it to do over, I’d still get a Scout, but I’d add the cargo fly. While I’ve got plenty of room for day gear in the boat with me, it would be a nice addition.
Happy paddling!

What length is your paddle? You might find that a shorter paddle will help the boat track. Usually people recommend a longer paddle for flat water, but with a packraft you need a more vertical paddle stroke to keep the boat from dancing side to side as you described. Also, you can get a removable skeg from https://www.gonorthrafts.com/ . I want one for my classic.

Due to its weight, mild whitewater capabilities, and price point, I see the Scout poised to sell to the masses in the coming years. I think a lot of beginner packrafters will take to this boat.

What do you think? What do you think this boat is right now? The Classic?