What custom boat mods would you like?

Klillie, what about this:

Glue a seat attachment tab to the inside of your boat.
Sew another onto a mesh bag.

You can put it wherever you want, thread it in, and - if you don’t want it in the boat - just unthread it and take it with you.

After comparing my Yukon (received a month ago) and my buddies (ordered Dec 2009), I am really impressed with the adjustments to the spray deck. It feels as if I have more room to bend my knees when in calm water. The only problem Im having is getting the spray deck to stay completely enclosed where it meets my body. I have not thought of the answer, as it is likely operator error, but Ive been thinking of some kind of fastener for where the spray deck velcro meets my body. Whenever my body gets thrown a little bit in rapids, the top few inches of spray deck unvelcroes and the water that forms in the little pockets falls in (might be cured by trying Roman’s inflatable side bags that I read somewhere on this site). Anyone with similar problems that they might have fixed? (Side note: that 4 inches is the only velcro on the entire boat that isnt secured, even when wet)

But overall, Im amazed with the durabilty and maneuverability of these fine vessels! Look forward to seeing them evolve, just wish I would have found them sooner!

Floorless Alpacka…similar to watermaster but light like the Alpacka w an integrated oar system like a watermaster…PLEASE:)

not really custom but improvements Alpacka should make.
For reference, I have a decked 2009 Yukon Yak and just bought an undecked Explorer. I love my packraft but for the money there are some shortcomings that should be addressed.

1. Industrial strength velcro and a wider closure area on the srpay skirts(the velcro used is garbage and fails when wet especially in whitewater). I, along with several other PR boaters are sewing extended heavier pieces of velcro to their spray skirts, not to mention snaps and other extra fasteners to the top part of our spray skirts.

2. More contact surface area connecting the spray skirt to the boat to prevent accidental peeling. And find a stronger glue if possible. If I’m not super careful, mine starts to peel off anywhere I grab it.

3. Update the picture on the website regarding fit (the one with Thor sitting in the boats) by having him sit in the boats using a seat and backrest as provided with the boats and with shoes on. Also, show him sitting in the boats with a spray deck attached and closed so people can see the real fit of the boat. According to the website, the Yukon should fit me perfectly but my knees are bent up pushing into the skirt which causes water to pool in the center of the deck, making it almost impossible to close the skirt with the standard velcro closure, and freezing my knees in cold water.
    I just read two posts of people taller than me with Yaks wondering about the size. Updating the fit page/picture would really help your new customers.

4. Take a picture of the 2010 spray skirt and get it on the website TODAY! It’s July 31st! A text description isn’t enough to show the upgrades and improvements.

5. This one is a custom boat mod. Relocate the mouth filler valve that would allow for topping off the pressure while in the boat. I temper my boat to the water before I shove off, but i still find that the internal air pressure drops after about 5-10 min on the water. Once I’m going I don’t want to stop and get out to top off the boat. I’m going to put an extension tube on mine and try that but with it directly behind me I think it will still be difficult to do without getting out of the boat. (I used some old camelback hose and it worked beautifully while on the river the other day)

thanks for asking our opinions,
chris

Hey Alpacka_Raft_LLC,
Just wondering if you have ever heard of a mod for kneeling in a raft to paddle a more C1 or open canoe style. If this has been done I would love to hear what mods took place to it up. Thanks ya’ll and happy paddling.