Packraft Training in Oz with Jim Gonski !

Hey Guys, just got a chance to have a look through the photos and videos that Max put together in the ‘dropbox’. Thanks Max great shots , sorry I’ve got nothing to add on that front, but would love to see any shots or vid anyone else got. Great weekend and thanks to one and all for making the effort in travelling and hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Cheers Dale for getting the concept rolling and convincing Jim to come out and share his skills and knowledge with us. Special Cheers and big Thanks to Jim for travelling so far to instruct a bunch of aussies. Hope you got something from it in return. Learnt a lot from Jim and he left me with a lot to work on in my paddling and think about in terms of my packrafting and the potential they have. Glad we lucked out on some decent water and weather that provided some worthwhile paddling. I wish the water from Guthega Power station to Island Bend came off on Saturday morning, and then I would have really been stoked (next time guys). Whilst the paddling was great, I really enjoyed the beers on Saturday night with a diverse bunch of guys who enjoy their rafting amongst a host of other things. Anyway give us a yell if your in the area.
regards
Rob

Hey Rob

Any link to the photos? Max? Level looks good again on the 21st April if your intrested in a revisit with Jules and I, all others would be welcome for that weekend, keen to do some more SWR ‘practice’.

Was a good weekend, I enjoyed the beers and late night chat, the young lads crashed a little early for us old fellas :slight_smile:

Steve

Hey Steve, just did a reply to your Turros invite and saw your comment here. I have asked Jim if he could put some of his photos and video on a disc and send out when he gets a chance, so hopefully will have more to add to the weekends collection then, and will circulate to all. (Ken, wheres your video. You had a gopro nailed to your head the whole weekend???). Would be keen for another lower Snowy paddle with you and Julesin April when they do another water release for sure. Have to check when Easter is this year as I know I have commitment for work then already. Also looking at doing the willow control weekend down there in mid march when hopefully there will be as small water release. Weekend of 16/17th if I remember correctly. Will circulate more details when I firm them up.
Anyway have fun on the Turros trip.
Rob.