making a semi drysuit out of my rainsuit and panty hose?

I’m way too cheap to buy the $700 drysuit. I also dont care about my reputation. So Ive got a great idea, which is always bad. To seal all orifices of my rainsuit, I’ll somehow scrounge up $15 to buy three pair of panty hose, petit, large and XXXL in a variety of cool colors. I’m thinking hot pink, neon orange, and lemon yellow. I’ll slip the large yellow tights on over my rainpants, and up over my cagoule. It will be nice a tight. Then cut out the waist and toes (also cutting out holes for my thumbs) from my petite orange tights and slip them on from my palms to my armpits. Finally take my pink XXXL panty hose and cut off the waist and cut some holes out of the feet and cankle area for my face and arms. I would wear it over my head and body so that I would look like a Teletubby. My new drysuit should weigh about 2 lbs max, and stuff really really small into my pack, and also dry really really fast. So here we go, I’ll think I will stop by Wallyworld tomorrow and see how it goes.

Uhh…please don’t post pictures.

My plan B is of course is a thin spandex dive skin for the $70 over my raingear and thermals.

Lycra dive skin, only 6 oz for $50, up to XXXL.

I found a good system for cold weather paddling, just from what I already had in my closet. First, my thermal underwear, top tucked into my thermal bottoms. If I need additional warmth I could include my fleece jacket or vest and fleece pants. Then I put on my waterproof rain pants with my cagoule over the pants. I like the cagoule because it doesnt have a front zipper for water to soak through, plus it drapes down past my knees to keep my butt drier when sitting. Then I put on a pair of knee length nylon dress socks which stretch over my calves, thermals, and dry pants. Afterwards, I put on my spandex shorts to seal the waist (admittedly I had to ride up my cagoule). Finally, I put on a long sleeve spandex shirt to help seal the cuffs. The spandex shirt, shorts, and nylon socks compresses my clothes against the skin making it kind of like a wet suit, but faster drying, and with a waterproof layer from neck to ankles. It provides more flexibility and comfort than a 3/2 wetsuit, and I didnt have to spend any money on it. Plus, it is no additional weight for a packrafting trek, because it is clothing that I would bring if I were just backpacking. Its certainly not a perfect system, but its better than carrying a bulky 4 lb drysuit or dry top and bottoms with their uncomfortable latex gaskets to squeeze through. A lot of dry suits, or dry pants with jackets one would get wet in after being worn a while, anyway.

And then there is the Tyvek overalls with elastic bands on the wrists and hood. It comes with booties. Only a few ounces. Its fragile, so one would probably try wearing it under rain gear while paddling.
http://www.disposable-garments.com/products/Tyvek_Suits/Coveralls_with_attached_hood_and_boots/_MaxShield_Coverall_with_Attached_Hood_Boot_Single_Garment__p3474.html

A lycra hoodie swimshirt would keep water from pouring into the neck and sleeves
http://swimwearguide.com/swimwear/swim-shirts/hooded-shirts/tight-fit.html