Looking for Central American Packrafters

Howdy everyone,

I’ll be spending the entirety of this spring and possibly longer exploring central america. I’m starting in Costa Rica, where I have a couple of volunteer stints lined up, and then will be going from there. Only a couple of weeks until I leave, and the tough decision is whether or not to bring my boat!

If there are any packrafters on the forum who are living in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Chiapas, Panama, etc. right now, message me back. I’ll be itching to get on the water once I’m there and I have a few specific trips in mind that we could discuss. There’s nothing like moving water to bring about new friendships.

I’m an experienced whitewater guide in larger boats (can’t fit many clients in my PR!), and have the adventure bug and the whitewater experience necessary to paddle hard and play it safe. At the packraft scale, I’ve done a number of trips in AK, MT, and UT, and usually keep it limited to things where swimming is not constant and getting out there/covering distance are more important than thrillseeking.

I hope some of you are down there. Let’s chat!

-Andrew