inexperienced packrafter looking for upper midwest mentor

I’m Doug Tally, formerly of Chicago, retired living in Detroit Metro. I have been attending the APA Roundups and traveling the west. I still have the Denali Llama and will attend the 2018 Roundup in Colorado.

Highlight early 2017 travels was packrafting the whitewater park in Durango, CO. I judge it Class III-IV. I almost capsized twice, got whipped backwards and pushed into an eddy which I had a hard time getting out of. But I did and all was good.

Prior to the Roundup 2017 I attended the Swiftwater. Rescue 3 days and learned so much. I will return to Durango just to stuff my raft thru the WW Park.

This summer I purchased a 17’ Valley Nordkapp Kayak and paddling Detrit River at the St. Clair River connecting Lake Huron with Lake St. Clair. Currently at Algonac State Park for Duck Hunting Harsens Island, firing range and archery range at Algonac State Park and biking area on Felt DD30 Fat Tire Bike.

Will be in MI Northern Lower Penninsula (Bellaire) next weekend for a week returning in Jan and to the UP and Mt. Bohemia.

Keep in touch, I may check back here a couple times a year… I check-off ‘notify me’ but don’t receive updates to replies. I’m not on Facebook but a couple times a year and even then I turn it on, and then off when I’m done.

Doug Tally
dougtally@gmail.com

Hey doug i live near tawas 3 hours north of you. This spring and summer let me know when your around i love spending time in the u.p.

Hi Jarek, will do, fond memories camping in Tawas as a child.