How to tell the exact model of packraft I have?

Hello,

I believe that I have the Denali Lllama packraft, but it seems very small still. Is there a way i can tell what model I have by serial number or measurement (deflated or inflated?) I am 6’ 2" with a 32" inseam and cannot fully extend my legs.

Thanks for your help,
Jay

I may be wrong but I believe the serial number does indicate the model. I have a Llama and a Yukon and from my memory each of their serial numbers started with letters that looked to indicate this (something like LL or YY maybe). I am sure someone from Alpacka can provide the details.

My serial is URAMY017F808 if that helps anyone, thanks!

Is there a letter circled under your serial number? My llama has an L circled, and my Yak had a Y.

Thanks john, I see no markings below the serial number. I did manage to surf a standing wave for the first time ever yesterday on the cottonwood river near new ulm, mn. Ah the sweet smell of cows, uh i mean money!

I am 99% positive it is a Yak due to the Y in the serial number.

Yup, a circled Y means Yak.

• (A) = Alpaca
    (Y) = Yak
    (L) = Llama

I have seen it on other rafts, but mine does not have a circled letter on it, see picture:

The circles are a relatively recent addition. Format on the numbers has changed a couple times. That one looks like a Yak to me, but I can’t swear by it. The ultimate test is the interior or exterior length of the boat. That # is kinda messy too, ugh.

For the best I can tell that boat is a Yak. If you want to know for sure measure the side tube. If it measures 30-31 inches you do in fact have a Yak. A variance of 3 inches bigger make it a Llama, 3 inches smaller would be an Alpacka. Hope that helps.

Cheers

I finally bought a measuring tape and discovered I actually own an alpaca based on measurements (27.5 inch side tubes) :open_mouth:
No wonder it felt so small.

The weird thing is, I bought it here from another user who had used it just once prior to selling it due to his age/health concerns. The storage bag also has denali written on it.

Looks like I am going to sell it and buy one of the new llamas.

Yahoo!

I have a Llama and a Yukon and from my memory each of their serial numbers started with letters that looked to indicate this I did manage to surf a standing wave for the first time ever yesterday on the cottonwood river near new…