Greetings from Michigan

Hello everyone:
My name is Eric, I’m new to these boards and didn’t see an intro forum so I just thought I would introduce myself here. I live in west Michigan and have been kayaking in a solid boat (Jackson All Water) for the past few years. I have been drooling over the Alpaka Yukon Yak for about a year and I’m really itching to pull the trigger and join the world of packrafting. Apart from paddling I enjoy cycling, backpacking, disc golf,snorkeling (trying to find time to get scuba certified) and pretty much anything to get me out of the house and into natures serenity. Just recently started obsessively cutting my pack weight into the single digits and exploring ultralight backpacking. I have a trip planed for late August/early September to thru hike Michigan’s Shore to Shore trail, it’s only 236 miles but I figure that’s a good place to start. I digress, just wanted to say hello and let you all know a little bit about me. I’m really looking forward to being a part of this community.

Happy paddling,
Eric

Hi, My name is Mike, I live in FT.Waye IN. I backpack the NCT and Manistee river loop, and was thinking of taking my 15 dollar Saylor packraft down it this summer. Do you know of any other places that would be fun to packraft in or near Michigan? Before I spring for the Alpacka. Thanks, Mike