Fjord explorer question please

Is the Explorer supposed to rowed like a normal rowbot with the rower facing aft? If so, does the front dig in the water at all? Is the boat bow heavy? Thanks

Yes, the main rowing position for the FX is with the person sitting in the stern and rowing normally so the boat is going stern first. The bow and the stern are the same in the FX by the way. If you are a heavier person scooting a little forward in your seat helps balance the boat. The boat does row a little “butt heavy”. That is what it’s hull speed is all about. 2.5 knots is where you start pushing up water on the stern. If you row it without using too much ‘force’ in your stroke you will find the boat rows very evenly and scoots right along. Keeping your strokes smooth makes the FX scoot across the water quite nicely. You can row it forward as well.

Hope that helps,

Sheri

Thanks Sheri, I appreciate the reply.

Hi Sheri,

I arrived back in Chile successfully with my raft – thanks for all the help. Regarding the rowing set-up, the FX came with one page of instructions involving the velcro frame attachment straps, which I have threaded, and the foot brace attachment to the curved boom. However, there are still a lot of pieces and I’m wondering if I’m missing a second sheet of instructions, or whether the average FX user generally comes with an innate understanding of how to install a rowing assembly. If additional instructions exist, how can I get them? Will keep playing with it nonetheless, and with the dry comfort of my porch and another beer, perhaps I’ll be able to figure it out before heading out…

Thanks,

Nick

PDF-download manuals page: http://www.alpackaraft.com/index.cfm?section=ordering%20information&page=Overview

They’re sort of hard to find right now, we admit. We’re working on getting it set up so the downloads come up after you place an order.

Cheers, -Alpacka