California - Sacramento Area

Greetings all,

In a few months my family and our packrafts will be moving to Davis CA (near Sacramento). Anyone have any experience or recommendations regarding packrafting in this area? Any packrafters in the area that might be interesting in getting together?

Cheers…

There are three of us in the Bay area with packrafts who paddle together. We occasionally run Cache Creek which is very close to Sacramento. If you would like to join us, please post your email address and I will provide you our contact information.

Richard

Thanks for the tip, I may drop you a line when there’s more water in Cache Creek. I’ve finally arrived in the Sacramento area and have been scouting for rivers. Cache Creek was running around 5 cfs when I went and looked at it so not raftable at all at this time of year. :slight_smile:

However, the Middle Fork of the American River makes an excellent class II (saw one maybe class III spot) river at this time of year (December). Flow rate was 1213 cfs on the day I went, I parked at the confluence of the Middle and North Forks and walked a couple of miles up the Middle Fork and rafted back. Very pretty, easy access, fun river.

Howdy,
I moved to Berkeley last August from Alaska. I would REALLY like to get out in my packraft, but would like to do so with some partners.

pm me if you want to get out

Thanks,
Bryce

I need some packrafting partners! I have August off and want to paddle damn near every day if possible, all around CA. Call me. 707 337-6200
Tom
http://www.facebook.com/tom.bunter