Solopackrafting the Voxnan river in Sweden

Sweden and Scandinavia in general offers some fine spots to packraft. This summer I paddled the Voxnan river located in the vast forrest in middle Sweden (in Hälsingland and Dalarna). Voxnan is a beautiful and remote river with claim lakes, marshlands with around 70 rapids (class I to III+ and a couple even harder). Round the rivers are cultural landscapes from the time the river was used for floating timber. I paddle 100km (ca. 60 miles) from the small settlement Rullbo to the town Voxnabruk.

I have made thise to videos documenting the trip for you to watch and enjoy:

Part 1:

Part 2:

(Danishspeaking with English subtitles)

Wanna see how my solo trip down Voxnan ends? The final episode of the Alone on Voxnan trilogy is up for viewing.

Hi urban-packrafter!

We thought your expedition was amazing and we loved the video, you’re awesome, great job!
We are a group of 5 students willing to have a similar experience. We do not have a lot of knowledge in packrafting (but we will have a “preparation weekend” in France during this summer) and we do not know a lot about Norway and the rivers that flow through it, so we’d be delighted to have a little bit of information from you: did you use a guide? a specific map? Is the Voxnan river a good place to packraft and camp? Did you practice before going there? We are from Belgium.It would be awesome to have your advice before leaving. Thanks a lot for contacting us at axs2410@gmail.com, we would be very grateful.

Alexis De Knoop