Looling for trip ideas Packraft/Camping Combo near JH

We have been doing an annual backpacking trip with my son (16) and nephews for the last three years during the week of July 4th each year staged out of Jackson. We typically go for 3 days / 2 nights, somewhere outside the National Parks for a little more seclusion and freedom on where to pitch camp (this last year, for example, we backpacked to Roosevelt Meadows hiking the Little Greys River Trail). I thought for next year’s trip (July 4th week 2016) we might consider renting and incorporating canoe or packraft into the trip, with the idea of floating a river, picking out a campsite the evening of the first day, leaving the camp set up but maybe dayhiking without our heavy packs on day two, taking down camp the morning of day 3 and floating out to a take out spot day 3. Are there places within say 2 hour drive or less from Jackson that might fit well with that kind of trip? We are in decent physical condition but don’t have boating experience and are not looking for whitewater so much as relatively easy float / camping combination. I have relatives who could help with moving car to take out spot, so that should not be an issue. New to this forum. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks