Fire Pan for Canyonlands, etc

Anyone have any beta on a lightweight fire pan for long hikes and packrafts that meets the requirements for Canyonlands, etc.? The ranger suggested this:

which works but is heavy. Seems like Alpacka or Kokopelli or someone else could make a super lightweight one. Maybe there’s one out there that I don’t know about?

Checkout ‘Suspicious Devices’ on Facebook or www.suspiciousdevices.com for some really well made titanium fire pans that have been well tested and used by lots of experienced packrafters.

For a $10 option, I bought a cake pan at wal-mart. Heavier than I like, the titanium ones sound nice, but if you’re only carrying it to satisfy the permit, it also makes a hell of a frying pan. Not too different than the ranger’s suggestion.

I have one of the Suspicious Devices versions and if we have a group of ~4 or more that’s what we take.

If I’m solo I take a foil turkey basting pan from the local grocery.

Turkey basting pans are no longer a legal alternative for any portion of the rivers in Canyonlands at any time of year, Check out this article for up to date info and some suggestions for firepans! Cheers!

https://packraft.org/work/canyonlands :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: