Throwbags

I dug up a couple old threads about throwbags, offerings from both sol gear and stohlquist are mentioned but I’m just wondering if there are any other light and compact options around? What are you using for packrafting, how much does it weigh?
Cheers,
Rich

I just make my own. after all its just a bag with a rope and a piece of foam… mine has 5/16 spectra line and is worn around the waist and the removable waist belt is 1" tubular webbing that doubles as a anchor/sling (ends are looped and bar tacked… 5000lbs breacking strength). Most people do not have there own “bar tacker” sewing machines but there are places in most towns that can do this for you. (canvas/awning shops, upholstery shops, ext.), because at the least you should have a throw-bag, 1 anchor/sling, 3 carabiners, and at least 1 prussic loop and know how to use them together because not everything is as simple as throwing a rope to someone. but keep in mind if you make your own, safety over weight savings, someone may have to hold on to the piece of dental floss you used as a line to save weight.

I am going to make one of these throw bags as the one I made for canoeing is too heavy. Can you post a picture of what yours looks like? thanks