Looking for Partner(s) near Flagstaff

I am an intermediate paddler but looking to get better. Just bought my first packraft and hoping to find someone to run fossil creek, oak creek, or the verde with. I am open to paddling anywhere but I really would like to find a guide/partner to paddle fossil creek.

Thinking of hitting the Verde this weekend. It’s currently raining in Flagstaff. Flows are currently around 200 so I’m thinking a Beasley to Gap Creek run could be good Saturday if anyone interested. Might be a little chilly but I think it will be worth it!

I’m a beginner paddler I suppose. I ran 90 miles of the Escalante twice last year and now I’m hooked. I bought a packraft, but the rivers over this way won’t be runnable this year so I’ve been looking into rivers elsewhere. I’m mostly interested in overnight trips, the longer the better, but I’d do day trips for more experience. I’d rather avoid class 4 and 5 for the moment. I was a crew leader with Arizona Conservation Corps so I’m comfortable with backcountry and risk management. My job allows me to work roughly every other week, 8 days in a row/6 days off. I used to live in Flagstaff, but I’m in Escalante, UT now.

I have a 3mm farmer john and a 6mm dry suit, I’m ready! Let me know if you’re interested!

Alex
akjengel@gmail.com