Adirondacks High Peaks in May

I’m looking for any northeast packrafters interested in a High Peaks hike/packraft in early to mid May. I’m tentatively planning to hike in from the eastern side of the High Peaks Wilderness, hike Mt. Marcy, Algonquin, or one of the other peaks in the area, then hike down to the Cold River and paddle it to the confluence with Raquette River then down the Raquette River to Tupper Lake. Approximately 15 miles hiking, and 30 miles paddling. Open to other suggestions as well, especially if you have experience in the area.

Also interested in evening/weekend partners around the Finger Lakes region in New York.

Scott

Did you end up doing this route? I am looking for new packraft opportunities in the Adirondacks. Up to now I have paddles on lakes and on the Saranac river.

Scott-Where do you live? I am near Conesus Lake, have 6 packrafts, like to get out when I can.

Let me know when you guys get out there. I will try to make it up there. avanton2000@yahoo.com
Guillaume

Hi Scott. I’m looking to get into packrafting and plan to have a boat in the next few weeks. I’d be interested in coming along on this trip or any future adventures. Located in Corning.