Packrafters around Wellington?

Just moved to Wellington from Alaska and I brought my toys…

Are there any local packrafters out there? With spring around the corner I am keen to meet some people and head out to some local rivers. I am also up for an adventure as soon as all my gear shows up I would love to do some longer trips too.

So who is out there?

Hi I am in Nelson, intending on packrafting the Pelorous for a warm up this October. You are welcome to get in touch if you are down this way, I regularly travel to Murchison for kayaking or rafting.

Cheers, Simon

If you are heading down south sometime (Queenstown, Te Anau, Fiordland etc) then I might be keen for a trip somewhere.

although I don’t have any trips South planned yet I am keen to do some… let the planning begin.

There is a tubing trip planned on the Pelorus coming up so maybe I will tag along on that or if people are in the area we could run the river and sit around having beers at the car waiting for the tubers…

Hi, hope you’re enjoying Welly. Just got my Denali Llama on Friday and spent Sunday arvo cruising down a sunny Waikanae river. Great for a first run but I’m keen to get into something with a bit more volume a bit further from civilization. If you or anyone else in the lower North Island is keen for an adventure this summer give me a bell.