The (Squamish) Coffee-Pizza Traverse & Other Vancouver Area Trips

Hey all!

This summer I spent a few months in Alaska and got unreasonably stoked on packrafting, but coming home to Vancouver I noticed that this forum was filled with people looking for beta for trips in the area, but no one with much. I’ve started trying to help out by recording the trips I’ve been doing since I got back.

Here’s the most recent one, an overnight bike-rafting trip near Squamish: overstoker.com/packrafting/2017/9/4/the-squamish-coffee-pizza-traverse

And here’s a link to more beta and resources for packrafting in the PNW I’ve started pulling together: http://overstoker.com/packraft-1/

Hope this is helpful for getting more folks out in this area!

Nice work man !

I used to live in Squamish, I am thinking about getting back there for some paddling.
The region is insane.
Do you think it is doable to hike across the Provincial park to end up paddling down the Fraser river, all the way down to the Chilliwack/ abbotsford region ? Always thought that it would be an incredible trip ?

Thanks!

It’s doable in theory, the big challenges would be minimal beta on the eastern side of Garibaldi and the massive flatwater sections on the big lakes on the Fraser Valley side.

Mate, thanks for putting together all that info, I’m a long way from Canada and will probably never get there but good to know what’s about.
Cheers Mick