Youtube Videos!

My first full year of packrafting ( I did two days on the Kashwitna in 2008 ). Includes five rivers in Vermont, one in New York, and three in Alaska. Most of this has been in previous videos. I got a helmet cam in September, after that I started recording most of my weekend trips. The Go Pro Camera is great but I’ve lost footage due to it freezing, or accidentally deleting everything. Here’s to 2009. I can’t wait for this snow to melt.

Well done - very nicely put together. And didn’t that big boulder stop you quickly?!!

That was great!
Reckon that boulder might have been hard work in anything other than an inflatable.

The New Haven Ledges is not much longer than a mile. The really good local kaykers can do a lap shuttled included in 20 minutes. It takes me much longer. I didn’t scout the rapids because the dude with me had done it 30 times. He said there was a sieve. At like 50cfs a bch of boaters made the sieve bigger by shoving rocks underneath it. Not fully understanding the route being explained to me I ran right into the trap. With the adjustment a kayak could probably wiggled out. I tried what felt like a minute but was a couple seconds to get out of it until I jumped out, grabbed the raft, bailed, and finshed the rapid. I certainly have a better understanding of the term sieve and go all the way to the right.

Good video. Enjoyed it!

Fantastic!! Im Denny Stout …I’m new here and I Just want to share this quote as my first post here…

"The less you can live on, the more chance your idea will succeed. This is true even after you’ve made it…

Make it a Great day people...

Hey’ Denny,

Whilst the thread title is Youtube Videos! I think you’ll find the idea is that they’re kinda related to Packrafts! You know, this being THE Packraft Forum an all!

Perhaps you were looking for the Cups Appreciation Society, here, https://secure.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5049494312

Nadgee Howe Wilderness in NSW Australia, 5 day walk with side trips in the rafts. Camera died on day 2 but still some intresting footage.

Steve

January 2010, West Coast, South Island, New Zealand compilation:

~March 9, 2010~
Second day out in 2010, first since January and first with my camera.
In Vermont we are having a slow (thus far), unseasonably warm spring. We actually are about 80 inches below the snowfall average. One storm dumped only the west side of the mountains and in the Champlain Valley (which is odd). We also had significant rain that wiped out the existing the snowpack in January. All those snowmageddon storms hit well below us. There was a day when it snowed a foot in New York City, and the it rained in central VT (typically we are 15 degrees cooler then NYC). Finally we got nailed by a storm three weeks ago, and there is about 4 inches of water waiting for 50 degree weather, rain or both.

According to the guide book “Let it Rain” by Alden Bird the minimum for the Lower Mad is 400 cfs. A more reasonable minimum is 300 cfs. This was below that. There still were frozen sections of the river. The portage in this video is of horseshoe falls which at a reasonable flow has two options. The only option at this level is a class IV drop into a deep hole, it is harder at higher levels. A 1/4 mile of flatwater leads to the heavy boaters take out, and that was frozen.

Spent 3 days paddling down a section of a remote river in the South East of NSW - Australia. I paddled my Unrigged explorer, Gus (Lizardboy) paddled his Denali Lama and Duncan paddle a yak (soon to buy an Alpacka after this trip I think). Grade 2/3 rapids, water level @ 0.9m (the minimum level) but running tannin stained but clear. Some lovely camp spots and very inspiring scenery. Easy and fun paddle. I would love to go back and do it when the level is up at about 1.5 hopefully…

Steve

Winter Packrafting on the Middle Fork of the Salmon

This video is a photo compilation from multiple canyoneering and packrafting or raftineering adventures in Southern Utah. Destinations include Roberts Roost and the Dirty Devil River, The Muddy Creek Chute, Cataract Canyon on the Colorado, and a loop on the Escalante River. The sound tack is the country classic - Cool Water -performed by the legendary Hank Williams.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gqganey#p/u/0/E6IszotI_0I

Definitely the hardest stuff I’ve paddled. Waterville Ledges are a hard IV.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gqganey#p/u/0/grdyiLVpmNk

Some III, Some IV one swim.

Sailing with the Windpaddle is hard with one hand while trying to record with the other. I have gotten better with it since this vid.
This is at Wilsons Prom, the southern most point of mainland Australia 04/2010.

Nice one Martian ! Good to see some more Oz action.

Creeking in Vermont. A in depth look(not really) on the differences between the packraft and the kayak on my second day of kayaking whitewater. May 6th 2010 on the Wells River.

Packrafting made learning to kayak easy.

What a fun looking paddle - however the helmet cam almost made me sea-sick!

Impressed that you can run that day 2 in a kayak

A

On May 14, 2010 Moe Witschard and Forrest McCarthy flew into Schafer Meadows Landing Strip on Montana’s Middle Fork of the Flathead River.

Equipped with packrafts, Moe and Forrest hiked 20 miles further up the River to the confluence of Strawberry and Gateway Creeks. They then spent 3 days descending the 48 miles to Highway 12.

When they began their trip the Middle Fork gauge in West Glacier was running at 2,700cfs. Three days later when they finished their float the Middle Fork gauge was running over 9,000cfs.

Due to levels of high water and low testosterone they portaged sections of Three Forks, 25 mile Rapid and all of Spruce Park.

Great video of a great trip!